Do you want to remove certain entries from your Facebook’s Recent Searches? Whenever you look up any person, place, page, group, etc. on Facebook, it gets saved in the Search Bar. If you want to declutter your Search bar or want to remove private or embarrassing searches from your Messenger, then go through the solutions given below.
How to Delete Recent Searches on Messenger from Phone?
Find the process to remove recent searches on the Facebook Messenger app from your phone:
- Launch the Facebook app on your device.
- In case you have not signed in already, then log in now.
- After logging in, visit the Facebook Settings. iPhone or iPad users will find the Settings icon at the lower right-hand corner, in the form of a hamburger icon. Android phone or tab owners will find Settings via the hamburger icon located in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- From the menu, select the Settings option. Android phone owners will have to tap on Settings & Privacy.
- Now, tap on Account Settings.
- Choose the option called Security and Login. This will show all the devices that your Facebook account is presently signed in on.
- Find the device that is signed into Facebook Messenger. The Messenger tag will be located below the device.
- Android users can select that device, and then a new screen will open, wherein they can make the changes.
- iPhone users need to tap on the More icon located next to the selected device.
- Tap on the Log Out option from the pull-down menu.
- After logging out, sign into Messenger.
Now, whenever you go to Recent Searchers, you will not find a single item listed. In case this trick does not work, then you need to uninstall the Messenger app and then freshly install it again.
How to Remove Specific Messenger Searches from Phone?
- Launch the Facebook application.
- Sign in, if needed.
- Go to the Search bar.
- Now, a list of all the recent searches will appear.
- Tap on the Edit option next to it.
- Choose the arrow next to the searches you want to remove.
How to Delete Recent Searches on Messenger from Computer?
If you have a Mac or Windows computer, then here’s how you can remove recent searches of Facebook Messenger:
- Open the Facebook website on your preferred web browser.
- Sign into your Facebook account, if you are not already signed in.
- Click on the Menu button. It is present at the top right corner of the screen.
- From the list of options, choose Settings.
- Now, click on Security and Login. This option will be located on the left pane.
- You will be able to see all the devices that your Facebook along with Messenger is logged into at the moment.
- Find which device is signed into Messenger.
- Click on the ellipsis icon.
- Select the Log Out option.
- Now, you can log in again.
How to Remove Specific Messenger Searches from Computer
- Visit the Facebook website.
- Sign into your Facebook account, if needed.
- Click on the Search option located at the upper right side.
- Now, your Recent Searches will appear.
- Place the cursor over the entry you want to remove from the recent searches list.
- Now, the Remove button will be visible.
- Click on it.
- In the confirmation prompt, choose the Remove option.
- If you do not want to remove it, then click on Cancel.
Raven Cross has been writng books and magazine for different book publishers and print media before shifting to digital media in 2007. He writes about Internet, latest changes in Antivirus softwares such as McAfee.com/Activate, Artificial Intelligence and robotics on his different blogs.