Google Drive is the safest place to save your system files or folders. But there will be a time when you have to clear the storage in the Google Drive account. When you wish to view size for the Google Drive folders, then you will find that Google Drive doesn’t support this feature. Especially, it might not be possible to find the total size of the folders, but you can view each folder size by following the steps mentioned below.
Steps for Downloading the Google Drive Folders
• Press on the “My Drive” option given on the left-hand side of the Google Drive official webpage to enlarge the folder listed on display.
• You need to right-click on the Google Drive folder.
• Tap on the “Download” button for saving the file to the hard disk drive.
• After you choose the option as mentioned above, then you will get the “Preparing download” located at the end right-hand side in the Google Drive.
• Go to the folder which you have downloaded earlier located in the File Manager.
• It will be downloaded as the ZIP file.
• You need to open the ZIP file first.
• Click on the “Extract all” option.
• Choose the folder for storing the extracted folder.
• After that, click on the “Extract” option.
• You need to right-click on the folder which you have extracted given in the File Manager window.
• Choose the “Properties” option for opening the Properties menu.
• In case you have completed, right-click on the Google Drive folder.
• After that, choose the “Delete” option.
Steps for Downloading the Backup and Sync Applications
• Log in to the account associated with Google.
• Ensure that your Google account must be linked with the Google Drive account.
• Now, you will get the option to choose the folder which you wish to start backing up to the Google Drive window.
• Press on the “Choose Folder” option.
• In case you don’t wish to choose any folder, then unselect all the Google Drive folders and after that, click on the “Next” button.
• Choose the “Sync My Drive to this computer” option.
• The folder which you have backed up will gets automatically saved on the default user directly folder.
• Additionally, select the “Path” option.
• Choose the “Sync only these folders” option to get the pull-down list of all the folders saved on the Google Drive.
• Now, you will get the folder size of the Google Drive folders on display.
• In case you have all those details which are important, then close the wizard.
• Or, click on the “Start” button to sync the Google Drive folders with the hard disk drive.
Raven Cross has been writng books and magazine for different book publishers and print media before shifting to digital media in 2007. He writes about Internet, latest changes in Antivirus softwares such as McAfee.com/Activate, Artificial Intelligence and robotics on his different blogs.